Woman battered to death three days before deliveryJune 29th, 2012 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 29 (IANS) In a gruesome murder, a British woman has been battered to death barely three days ahead of delivering her baby who was also killed in the incident.
College student Eystna Blunnie, 20, was found with multiple head injuries on a busy road at 3 a.m. A heavily-pregnant Eystna was rushed to hospital Wednesday morning. But she was later pronounced dead, The Sun reported Friday.
On Thursday night, Essex police were questioning her ex-boyfriend Tony McLernon, 23, on suspicion of murder and over the death of the unborn child.
Officers described the incident as a suspected domestic-related killing.
In a statement, Eystna’s parents said: “Our daughter and granddaughter have been taken from us in such a tragic and horrific way. We can’t begin to explain how we feel.”
Eystna, from Harlow, Essex, had recently posted on Facebook an ultrasound picture of her unborn daughter - whom she had named Mia Rose.
- Christina Taylor Green Killed In Arizona Shooting - Jan 10, 2011
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- Man arrested for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 10, 2011
- Mum in UK cuts out heart of 4-year-old daughter as 'religious offering' - Dec 19, 2010
- Woman jailed for killing pregnant woman, unborn baby - Oct 08, 2010
- Devon Griffin thought that his slain family was a Halloween joke - Nov 02, 2010
- Elephant kills two in Bangladesh - Dec 01, 2011
- British woman kills, mutilates daughter - Dec 18, 2010
- British schoolboy kills ex-girlfriend over free-breakfast bet - Jul 28, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012
- Woman killed in row over goat (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Two minor sisters killed - Jun 17, 2010
- Olympic shooter depending on unborn baby to win - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: british woman, essex police, granddaughter, gruesome murder, harlow essex, head injuries, june 29, london, parents, sun, suspicion of murder, thursday night, ultrasound, unborn child, unborn daughter, wednesday morning