Woman arrested with fake stampsMay 29th, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 29 (IANS) A woman was arrested here Tuesday with fake stamps valued at Rs.34 lakh, police said.
Savita Singh was arrested from Exhibition Road, a day after police held Brahmdeo Jha and recovered fake stamps and National Saving Certificates totalling over Rs.5 crore from him.
Savita’s husband is in a jail at Indore in Madhya Pradesh. He was arrested last year with fake stamps, Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amrit Raj said.
“Police will arrest more people involved in the racket,” he said.
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- Three held for fake caste certificate racket - Jun 25, 2011
- Fake currency unit busted in Bihar - Apr 26, 2011
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Fake degree racket busted - May 21, 2011
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- ATM-robbing teenager rearrested - Jun 25, 2011
- Two fake degree rackets busted in Punjab - Jul 25, 2010
- Counterfeit currency racket busted in Delhi - Sep 25, 2010
- 51 stolen luxury cars recovered, nine held in Punjab - Jul 14, 2011
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012