Woman alleges gangrape in KolkataAugust 13th, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 13 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman has filed a police complaint that she was abducted by at least five people and gangraped here, police said Monday.
“The victim, who works as a medical attendant, was returning home when she was forcibly picked up from Chetla in south Kolkata by around five men in a vehicle and was gangraped by at least two persons,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) D.P. Singh told IANS.
The incident happened Saturday evening when the woman was returning to her home in Tollygunj. A vehicle stopped near her and two men came out and sought her service as a medical attendant, police said.
On her refusal, the men allegedly forced her into the vehicle and took her to a house and gangraped her. The victim lodged a police complaint Sunday.
“A medical test of the woman has been conducted. We are awaiting the report. We are yet to make any arrest,” said Singh.
- Kolkata woman alleges gangrape, one arrested (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Kolkata woman who alleged gangrape does volte face - Aug 14, 2012
- Woman gangraped in Kolkata, one arrested - Aug 18, 2012
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Police release sketch of one assailant in BPO employee's rape - Nov 26, 2010
- Chandigarh woman alleges gangrape - Jul 24, 2011
- 10 held for gang-raping woman in Bengal - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Odisha gangrape victim's death triggers protests - Jun 22, 2012
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Breakthrough in BPO rape case, two arrested (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Four people detained in Dhaula Kuan gangrape - Nov 29, 2010