Woman accuses Delhi cop of molestationMay 10th, 2008 - 10:29 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) A woman Saturday alleged a Delhi traffic police constable had manhandled her and tried to tear off her clothes after an argument over a traffic violation. A senior official denied the allegation. The victim said she was going to a city mall in Vivek Vihar area of east Delhi around 5.30 p.m. with her brother Pankaj and sister Sakshi in a car when police officials stopped them near the Surya Vihar flyover for over-speeding.
“We were asked to pay a fine of Rs.400, which we paid. At the same time, another speeding car zipped passed us just as we were laughing about something. Sub-inspector Arun Chauhan mistook it for an insult and started making lewd comments at us,” she told reporters.
“When we objected, we had a squabble and the cop started thrashing us. Chauhan also ripped my clothes,” she said.
However, Joint Commissioner of Traffic Police S.N. Srivastva told IANS the woman first slapped the sub-inspector and bit another policeman after arguing over the prosecution amount.
“She gathered a huge crowd and in order to prove cops wrong, she started making false allegations that they had tried to rip her clothes apart and made molestation attempts. We have asked the officers to register a criminal case against her,” he added.
The woman has filed a complaint of molestation at the Vivek Vihar police station. But no case was registered till late Saturday.
Police took the siblings for a medical examination to a nearby hospital.
- Police sub-inspector suspended for molesting colleague - Aug 04, 2010
- Policeman suspended for letting off harassment accused - Apr 16, 2012
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Policeman booked for rape in UP - Jul 23, 2012
- Kashmir minister's guards held for assaulting traffic cop - Sep 11, 2012
- Man posing as cop held - Aug 01, 2011
- Villagers thrash Bihar cop - Aug 28, 2011
- Lucknow traffic cops stripped of power to issue challans - May 31, 2012
- Cop held for assaulting doctor - Dec 30, 2009
- Probe assault on advocate in police station: Court (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Cop crushed to death in Delhi - Feb 28, 2011
- Chandigarh gets its first woman SHO - Jul 01, 2011
- Kashmir minister's guards held for beating up traffic cop (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Woman molested for spurning Trinamool, tries suicide - Apr 18, 2012