Woman abducted from Bihar stationJuly 18th, 2012 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 18 (IANS) A woman was abducted early Wednesday near the Motihari railway station in Bihar by criminals who attacked and seriously wounded her husband and flung her crying child, police said.
The young woman reached the station Tuesday night by Jan Nayar Express from Delhi with her husband and their six-month-old son.
After spending the night at the platform, when they were on their way to catch a vehicle, a group of armed men kidnapped her.
“She was taken away on their motorcycle,” a police official said.
The abductors seriously injured her husband with knives and dumped their crying child on the road, police said. The unconscious husband has been admitted to a hospital.
According to police, it was the first such incident reported in Motihari, the district headquarters of East Champaran.
- Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital - Jul 29, 2012
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - Dec 29, 2010
- 12-year-old boy abducted in Bihar - May 09, 2011
- Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa - Jan 29, 2011
- Family of KBC Rs.5 crore winner fears his abduction - Oct 30, 2011
- Bihar kidnappings shock, scare NRIs - Jan 02, 2011
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- Lucknow girl escapes rape by jumping off first floor - Jun 10, 2012
- Two arrested for kidnapping boy from Punjab - Aug 23, 2012
- Protest after woman's audacious abduction - Feb 10, 2012
- Kenyan forces in shootout with French woman's abductors - Oct 02, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- NRI appeals to abductors to free brother in Bihar - Jan 01, 2011
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: abductors, armed men, champaran, child on the road, criminals, crying child, district headquarters, knives, motorcycle, nayar, police official, railway station, tuesday night, woman abducted, young woman