With Rs.669 crore, UP speeds up Kumbh Mela workApril 27th, 2012 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 27 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government has taken up Kumbh Mela 2013 on a priority basis and asked various agencies to speed up work on a war footing, with Rs.669 crore sanctioned for the mega religious event.
An allocation of Rs.93 crore has been made for the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) for electrification of the venue in Allahabad, and Rs.41.92 crore to the irrigation department for strengthening embankments around the Ganga and Yamuna rivers. The Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam has been given Rs.20.56 crore for preliminary work and the Allahabad Development Authority (ADA) Rs.50.63 crore for improving the city infrastructure.
For the religious congregation which witnesses a turnout of millions of devout from across the world, the ADA has been asked to beautify the city, and the tourism department has been sanctioned a sum of Rs.1.65 crore to erect entry gates for the Kumbh Mela complex.
- UP gears up for Kumbh Mela 2013 - May 14, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Plan panel approves Rs.57,800 crore for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- Complete work by deadlines, Akhilesh tells officials - Jun 25, 2012
- Factory linked to BSP leader charged with power theft - Dec 22, 2011
- UP transformer producers threaten to stop supply - May 11, 2012
- Rural healthcare scam accused shoots self - Jan 23, 2012
- UP power corporation to open 168 online billing centres - Jun 07, 2012
- Akhilesh calls for more police recruitment, better security infrastructure - Apr 16, 2012
- Pilgrims' progress begins to Rajasthan's Kumbh Mela - Apr 11, 2011
- Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela - Jun 19, 2012
- Akhilesh calls for better security infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Karauli Mela, Braj region's very own Kumbh - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: allahabad, city infrastructure, crore, electrification, embankments, entry gates, ganga, irrigation department, jal, kumbh mela, priority basis, religious congregation, religious event, rs 1, rs 50, tourism department, uppcl, uttar pradesh government, war footing, yamuna rivers