Witch-hunt against Conte: Juve boss AgnelliAugust 23rd, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, Aug 23 (IANS) Italy’s sporting justice system has been accused of harassing Juventus club manager Antonio Conte who has been banned for 10 matches for alleged match fixing.
The charge was made by Juventus president Andrea Agnelli, reports Xinhua.
Conte hoped to be cleared of failing to alert authorities to a potential fix at Siena.
Although he was cleared of wrongdoing in the match, the suspension remains.
“(The) Federal Court sentence confirms our worst suspicions on the matter that involved Antonio Conte,” Agnelli said on the Juventus website.
“For many months I have observed this situation with incredulity, accompanied by a growing sense of shock, for a sporting justice system that increasingly resembles a witch-hunt.
“We’ve reached the apex. When faced with a clear victory in the court, they decided to kill logic and apply the ban in an arbitrary manner, even doubling it,” said Agnelli.
Juventus said they will take their next appeal to the tribunal.
- Lazio captain Mauri arrested for match-fixing - May 28, 2012
- Juventus kick-off season with win - Aug 26, 2012
- Juventus demand equal treatment on the pitch - Feb 17, 2012
- Juventus draw with Parma in Italian Serie A - Feb 16, 2012
- Conte: We wasted a bonus - May 03, 2012
- Juventus will write history, feels Conte - Apr 26, 2012
- Pirlo aims big for Juventus - Dec 12, 2011
- Juventus beat Catania to top Serie A - Feb 19, 2012
- Juventus down Napoli 4-2 to win Italian Super Cup - Aug 11, 2012
- Italy captain Buffon probed for illegal gambling - Jun 01, 2012
- Juventus beat Lazio to reach top of Italian Serie A - Nov 27, 2011
- Juventus crush Udinese, Roma beat Inter - Sep 03, 2012
- Euro 2012: Police raid casts shadow on Italian team's fate - Jun 03, 2012
- Juventus back on top of Serie A with win over Cesena - Dec 05, 2011
- Juventus rout Fiorentina 5-0, close in on Milan - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: andrea agnelli, antonio conte, apex, arbitrary manner, boss, court sentence, incredulity, justice system, juve, juventus, logic, match, rome, shock, siena, suspicions, tribunal, witch hunt, wrongdoing, xinhua