Winter chill to continue in capitalJanuary 31st, 2009 - 12:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 31 (IANS) If the bright sun shinning over the national capital made you think you could pack up your woollens soon, here is a caution from weather officials - the winter chill will continue for another fortnight.”The minimum temperature is likely to hover around 10 degrees Celsius following westerly winds blowing over the northern region,” an official at the Safdarjung meteorological department said Saturday.
The minimum temperature Saturday was 9.8 degrees Celsius, two degrees above normal. The maximum temperature was 24.5 degrees Celsius.
Domestic and international flights at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) were on time as visibility on all runways was clear, an airport official said.
The Met department has forecast shallow fog Sunday morning with a clear sky during the day.
- Delhi records coldest day in 5 years, hits rail traffic (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Pleasant day in capital - Nov 25, 2011
- Bright, warm day in capital - Feb 10, 2011
- Bright, warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Chilly day in Delhi, fog hits trains (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Delhiites get respite from bone-chilling cold - Jan 13, 2011
- Bright, nippy morning in Delhi - Jan 12, 2011
- New Year begins on a warm note - Jan 01, 2010
- Fog, chilly winds envelop capital, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Another pleasant morning greets Delhi - Jan 30, 2010
- Fog envelops Delhi, flights disrupted - Feb 17, 2011
- Warm day in Delhi, foggy morning ahead (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Warm, sunny Monday expected (Lead) - Dec 04, 2011
- Sunny day in Delhi, rains likely Saturday (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Foggy morning in Delhi - Nov 21, 2011