Winter chill here but temperatures still above normalDecember 22nd, 2008 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Those foggy mornings and the familiar winter chill is very much here but going by the meteorological department, the temperatures are still above normal.”The minimum temperature recorded Monday morning was 11 degree Celsius, which is three degrees above normal. The maximum will hover around 23 degree Celsius,” an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) told IANS.
He said the temperature this year has been more or less higher compared to that of last year during the same period.
“For instance, on Dec 21 last year the minimum temperature was seven degree Celsius while the maximum was 21 degree. This year on the same day, the minimum was 13 degree Celsius and the maximum was 22 degree,” he said.
While the temperatures are hovering above normal, for Delhiites like Sohini Mitra, the city’s “real winter” is yet to set in.
“The chill is there, for the past few days there is this constant cold wind blowing. Still, Delhi’s winters are worse than this… as of now, I am comfortable roaming around in a single sweater but I’m sure it will become colder once January comes in,” Mitra said.
- Foggy morning in Delhi - Nov 21, 2011
- Chilly morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Dec 17, 2011
- Chilly start to Sunday for Delhi - Dec 11, 2011
- Chilly morning in Delhi, sunny day ahead - Dec 22, 2011
- Chilly morning, temperature dips in Delhi - Dec 15, 2011
- Sunny, windy Thursday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- A pleasant Wednesday in the Capital (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Chilly day in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Sunny morning in Delhi on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi - Mar 20, 2012
- Another warm day in Delhi (Lead) - Nov 04, 2011
- Cold, clear day ahead for Delhi - Jan 09, 2012
- Foggy morning, clear day ahead in Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Mornings, evenings to get chilly in Delhi - Oct 27, 2010
- Second coldest January day for Delhi, more chills ahead (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012