Winslet to write book for autism awarenessMarch 25th, 2011 - 1:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 25 (IANS) Actress Kate Winslet is planning to write a photo book to spread awareness about autism.
After narrating the documentary “A Mother’s Courage: Talking Back to Autism”, about an Icelandic woman’s fight to find a way for her autistic son to communicate, Kate established the Golden Hat Foundation, which offers speech training to those who live with the disease, Contactmusic.com reports.
A single mother of two children, Winslet is now stepping up her dedication to the cause and writing a book called “The Golden Hat”, which pays homage to a poem her friend’s autistic son wrote.
The book will include celebrity snapshots of stars like Meryl Streep and Javier Bardem wearing hats and it will hit stores in November this year.
- Kate Winslet to pen book on autism - Mar 25, 2011
- Kate Winslet launches autism charity - Sep 24, 2010
- Winslet stunned by response to charity project - May 11, 2012
- Film moves Kate Winslet to start charity for autistic people - Sep 24, 2010
- Kate Winslet to narrate docu on autism - Aug 27, 2009
- Jessica Biel in awe of Meryl Streep - Oct 15, 2010
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Julia Roberts gets Spanish film prize - Sep 21, 2010
- Meryl Streep to be honored with a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival - Jan 02, 2012
- Taking poetry to India's young readers - with Kamala Das - Apr 03, 2012
- Penelope Cruz snaps at photographer - Sep 20, 2011
- Awareness and empathy can embolden Autistic people (April 2 is World Autism Day) - Apr 01, 2012
- Being housewife best thing in world: Cruz - Jul 01, 2012
- Penelope Cruz made Johnny Depp feel broody - May 10, 2011
- Bardem, baby accompany Penelope on Bosnia film shoot - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: actress kate winslet, autism awareness, autistic son, celebrity snapshots, courage, dedication, documentary, hats, homage, javier bardem, kate winslet, london march, march 25, meryl streep, photo book, poem, single mother, speech training, writing a book