Wins will give West Indies momentum in Tests: BravoJune 17th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kingston, June 17 (IANS) West Indies’ explosive batsman Darren Bravo feels that comprehensive wins in the last ODIs against India will give the hosts confidence ahead of the three-match Test series starting here Monday.
Trailing 0-3 in the five-match series, the West Indies came back strongly in the last two ODIs to end the series 2-3.
“With Kemar Roach in the side and Ravi Rampaul, who can really bowl fast, and if Fidel Edwards returns, it could be a bit intimidating (for the Indian batsmen),” said Bravo, who scored a career best 86 in the fifth ODI here Thursday.
Bravo, whose batting style matches that of the legend Brian Lara, said his match winning innings will stand him in good stead during the Tests.
“I was out of the second and third game. It was an important match for me. I really wanted to make it count,” he said.
Bravo also said that comparison of his batting style with Lara’s was unnecessary and that it was just a coincidence that their batting styles were similar.
“I bat my natural way. Knowing what Brian has done, I don’t see the comparison. I am Darren Bravo and that’s it.”
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- India opt to bat against West Indies in Eden Test - Nov 14, 2011
- India opt to bat against the West Indies in first Test - Jun 20, 2011
- West Indies eyeing first clean sweep in ten years (Preview) - Aug 02, 2012
- Edwards replaces Rampaul for Jamaica Test - Jul 31, 2012
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- India elect to bat, Rahul Sharma debuts - Dec 08, 2011
- Besieged Windies facing heavy defeat after limp display - May 12, 2012
- Tendulkar back; big chance for India's GenNext against Windies - Nov 05, 2011
- Gayle, Bravo left out of the first Test against India - Jun 18, 2011
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- Barath returns to Windies squad for final ODIs - Mar 22, 2012
- Barath, Rampaul recalled for 5th ODI as Gayle ignored again - Jun 15, 2011
- West Indies look for confidence booster in tour match - Jun 02, 2012
- Injury concerns for West Indies after loss to Lions - May 14, 2012