Winehouse’s home now a rehab charityAugust 6th, 2011 - 8:02 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS) Late singer Amy Winehouse’s London home is to become the headquarters of her new rehab charity, as her dad Mitch believes the 2.5 million-pound property will make a “positive difference” to troubled youngsters.
“It could include help for children in trouble, kids suffering health problems, children’s hospices and more. We want to make a positive difference,” contactmusic.com quoted Mitch as saying.
After the “Back To Black” singer was found dead at her home in Camden, north London, July 23, her dad planned to make the house the focal point of the Amy Winehouse Foundation.
“Everyone is united in making it a success - the label, her family, friends and management. Having the offices in her old house is something they all thought made sense. Mitch has big plans and needs a nice environment where employees will be able to carry out their work properly,” said a source.
- Winehouse foundation to be launched Sep 14 - Sep 07, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's father wants to set up a rehab center - Aug 05, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's house robbed after her death - Aug 11, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new beau wins approval of her parents - Jun 22, 2010
- Winehouse 'plans to move ex-hubby into multi-million pound pad' - Apr 19, 2010
- Did Gaga visit Winehouse home? - Nov 22, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Singer Amy Winehouse found dead at home - Jul 24, 2011
- Winehouse's father gives her clothes to fans - Jul 31, 2011
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Amy died of seizure during detox? - Sep 11, 2011
- No film on Winehouse's life! - Dec 12, 2011