Winehouse’s ‘Back To Black’ dress on auctionNovember 10th, 2011 - 2:38 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 10 (IANS) Singer Amy Winehouse’s dress from the cover of her “Back to Black” album is expected to raise between 10,000 pounds and 20,000 pounds through a charity auction at the end of this month.
Thai designer Disaya lent the late singer the chiffon-print frock when Winehouse’s stylist Louise Winwood was looking for an outfit for her to wear in photographs for the artwork of the 2006 record, reports contactmusic.com.
Following the photo shoot, the dress was returned to the designer and stored. But it will now be sold in London at Kerry Taylor Auctions’ “Passion for Fashion” auction Nov 29.
The proceeds from the auction will go to the Amy Winehouse Foundation.
Auctioneer Kerry Taylor said: “Over the years I have sold many highly valuable couture pieces related to celebrities and style icons, including the Duchess of Windsor, Audrey Hepburn and Princess Diana. In my opinion, what makes this particular dress so special, is that it is an emblematic reminder of the magic voice and sublime talent of Amy Winehouse - a sound that resonates with an entire generation and always will.”
“I am pleased to help raise funds for her charity and encourage fans, the music industry and museums the world over to bid with us on November 29th.”
Other outfits to be sold at the auction include two gowns that belonged to Elizabeth Taylor and the dress worn by Audrey Hepburn when she collected her Oscar for “Roman Holiday” in 1954.
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's dress sold for £43,200 - Nov 30, 2011
- Doherty to auction Winehouse painting - May 06, 2012
- Audrey Hepburn's letters, outfits, wedding dress auctioned off - Dec 09, 2009
- Audrey Hepburn outfits up for grabs - Oct 04, 2009
- Audrey Hepburn Outfits To Be Auctioned - Oct 05, 2009
- Audrey Hepburn's dress auctioned for $96,000 - Dec 10, 2009
- Marilyn Monroe's dress sold for $5.6 million - Jun 20, 2011
- Audrey Hepburn's dresses to go under the hammer - Nov 19, 2009
- Gaga to design garments with sister? - Aug 25, 2011
- Hepburn's Oscar dress up for auction - Nov 05, 2011
- Kate Middleton's 2002 see-through dress to go under the hammer - Feb 19, 2011
- Hepburn's black Tiffany's dress voted greatest female screen outfit - May 28, 2010
- Kate Middleton's 'see-through dress drawing global interest at auction' - Mar 13, 2011
- Hepburn stamps to go under the hammer - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: amy winehouse, auctioneer, audrey hepburn, black album, black dress, charity auction, duchess of windsor, elizabeth taylor, fashion auction, frock, gowns, kerry taylor, magic voice, music industry, princess diana, proceeds, roman holiday, style icons, stylist, winwood