Will look at every aspect in Geetika case: Women’s panelAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) A National Commission for Women (NCW) team, probing the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, Tuesday said it will look into every possible aspect in her death.
“We have spoken to her (Sharma’s) parents, brother. We will be soon talking to (former Haryana minister) Gopal Kanda also,” NCW member Shamina Shafiq told reporters.
Sharma committed suicide Sunday at her north Delhi residence, accusing Kanda of harassing her.
“Statements have been recorded. We will look into every aspect of the case,” Shafiq added.
According to Geetika’s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and his colleague Aruna Chadha.
Kanda owned the MDLR Airlines where Sharma worked as a flight attendant. After the airline ceased to function in 2009, Sharma was given a job in another company owned by Kanda.
Kanda, who resigned as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana, has been booked for abetment to suicide by Delhi Police.
The NCW team said it will submit the inquiry report after talking to everyone concerned with the case.
“We will talk to everyone concerned with the case. Let the inquiry report come out,” Shafiq added.
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Former Haryana minister Kanda surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanda surrenders - Aug 18, 2012
- NCW to probe ex-flight attendant's suicide - Aug 05, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Kanda arrested after surrender, to be taken to court (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant kills self, blames Haryana minister (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Suicide notes written on day of Geetika's death: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012