Will launch countrywide tour for Jan Lokpal: AnnaMarch 13th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra), March 12 (IANS) Social activist Anna Hazare Monday said he will begin his countrywide tour to campaign for an effective Jan Lokpal bill after two months.
“I will start my countrywide tour after two months and awaken the people to demand for a strong Jan Lokpal by 2014. If it does not come, then back to Ramlila Maidan,” Hazare’s close associate Suresh Pathare quoted him as saying on social networking site Twitter.
“I will not go to government for demanding the Jan Lokpal. The decision has been left to the people,” Pathare tweeted quoting Hazare.
Hazare, 74, had announced postponement of his agitation and proposed countrywide tour in December last year on health grounds. He had also called off his three-day agitation in Mumbai’s Bandra-Kurla Complex on the second day after he had health issues.
Since then, Hazare had been lodged in various hospitals and health care centres in Pune and Bangalore for recovery. He returned to his native village Ralegan-Siddhi in Parner Taluka of Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district on Feb 18.
- Hazare to reach Mumbai by Monday evening - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare advised week's rest - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare fit to fast: Doctor - Dec 26, 2011
- Anna Hazare flays team for moving court - Dec 23, 2011
- After court tick-off, Team Anna gets Mumbai ground for agitation (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2011
- Hazare unwell, advised rest ahead of fast - Dec 08, 2011
- Anna unwell, core committee meeting postponed (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 31, 2011
- Hazare renews 'jail bharo' threat over 'weak' Lokpal bill - Dec 22, 2011
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Joy over Hazare's victory in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare shifts to old residence - Oct 21, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: agitation, ahmednagar, anna hazare, bangalore, health care centres, health grounds, health issues, hospitals, lokpal bill, maharashtra, maidan, mumbai, postponement, pune, ralegan siddhi, social activist, social networking site, suresh