Will Ferrell feels he deserves OscarMarch 11th, 2012 - 8:56 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 11 (IANS) Comedian Will Ferrell says he deserves an Oscar nomination for his new Spanish-language movie “Casa De Mi Padre” as he had to improvise in a foreign language.
The actor studied Spanish intensively for 23 days before filming began and insists he should be rewarded for his efforts, reports Entertainment Weekly.
“It was a 23-day Spanish fever dream. I’m so glad I did it. People keep asking me, ‘Did it cut down on your ability to improvise?’ I’m like, ‘Hell, yes!
“I was just trying to make sure my Spanish (was good). There’s no question I should be nominated (for an Oscar) just based on the degree of difficulty,” said Ferrell.
He admits that before he signed on for the film, in which he plays an incompetent Mexican rancher, his Spanish was limited to what he learned in high school - and that was not good.
“I was fired in my senior year by my Spanish teacher,” he added.
- Actor Garcia Bernal prefers comedy - Feb 16, 2012
- TV actress Maria Gabriela de Faria to debut in movies - Aug 22, 2012
- Mexican novelist Carlos Fuentes dies at 83 - May 16, 2012
- Album is dream come true for Mexican singer - Aug 04, 2011
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz, Tony Bennett perform in Mexico - Oct 28, 2011
- Paltrow's family learns French for fun - Apr 06, 2012
- Diplomat's expulsion: Venezuela to close Miami consulate - Jan 14, 2012
- Angelina Jolie to be part of Almodovar's film - Jan 16, 2012
- BBC apologises for comments made on Mexico during Top Gear show - Feb 04, 2011
- Brad Pitt did 'Megamind' for kids - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' out of BAFTA race - Jan 17, 2012
- Aamir celebrates a decade of 'Lagaan' in style - Jun 16, 2011
- 26/11 survivors, victims' kin hail court verdict - Aug 29, 2012
- Mana captivates fans in Chile - Nov 28, 2011