Will complete all CWG projects by July 15: MCDJuly 2nd, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Friday assured the Delhi government that they will complete all Commonwealth Games-related work by July 15.
At a meeting to take stock of the projects undertaken by the civic body, Delhi Urban Development Minister A.K. Walia asked the MCD to complete all the projects within the stipulated time.
“Nothing should be left unattended while meeting deadlines,” he said at the meeting.
Walia also asked the MCD to focus on making Delhi a clean and green city, as it will enhance its image.
The civic body has completed almost 90 percent of the task of covering Sunehri and Kushak drains for creating a huge parking facility near Jawaharlal Nehru stadium. It will provide ample parking facility near the stadium, which will host the opening and closing ceremonies of the Games.
The MCD has also undertaken street-scaping work on all important roads leading to the stadium.
The civic body has completed upgradation work between 75 percent to almost 100 percent around hotels and guest houses in Karol Bagh and Paharganj. This includes renovation of footpaths, dense carpeting, widening of lanes, ducting for service lines besides construction of central verge and drainage.
The MCD also took up construction of drainage system and footpath besides strengthening of carriageway in Delhi university area.
Walia later told reporters that he will personally inspect the works done by the MCD July 9 and the tasks completed by the Central Public Works Department on July 7.
The Games are scheduled Oct 3-14 in the city.
- MCD likely to miss July 31 deadline to complete CWG works - Jul 16, 2010
- MCD orders internal inquiry in CWG projects - Oct 23, 2010
- One deadline missed, MCD sets another for Games projects (Commonwealth Games Countdown) - Jul 06, 2010
- Dikshit satisfied with civic authority's CWG work: Mayor - Aug 11, 2010
- Delhi street-scaping limps as Games deadline nears - May 22, 2010
- All Games projects to be completed by June-end: MCD - May 31, 2010
- 100 days left, Delhi gets its act together for Commonwealth Games - Jun 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro asked to hand over roads by July 31 - Jul 13, 2010
- No new complaints from vigilance commission: MCD - Oct 23, 2010
- Preparing for Games, Delhi battles lack of coordination - Aug 05, 2010
- Will Delhi weather the storm this monsoon? - Jul 01, 2010
- Many CWG projects to miss 'final' deadline - Aug 27, 2010
- Dikshit issues warning to Games contractors - Jul 26, 2010
- Who's stealing Delhi's flowers and tiles? - Jun 10, 2010
- 'Focus on Connaught Place re-development ahead of CWG' - May 25, 2010
Tags: carpeting, carriageway, civic body, commonwealth games, delhi government, delhi university, development minister, drainage system, drains, footpath, guest houses, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, karol bagh, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, paharganj, urban development, verge, walia