Will agitate again if bill not passed: Anna HazareDecember 13th, 2011 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) Activist Anna Hazare Tuesday reiterated that he would launch another agitation at the Ramlila grounds from Dec 27 if his version of the Lokpal bill was not passed by parliament in the ongoing winter session.
“We have to eradicate corruption from this country and will agitate again at Ramlila maidan from Dec 27. The Jan Lokpal bill has to be passed,” Hazare told reporters here.
According to Hazare, the youth were playing an important role in the building of the nation and more emphasis would have to be laid on development rather than management.
“Seventy percent of the money should be spent on development and 30 percent for management… only then will it work,” he said.
Hazare has been pressing for a strong anti-graft Lokpal bill that would bring the prime minister, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and lower bureaucracy completely under its ambit.
The 74-year-old activist went on a daylong token fast Sunday and found backing in several parties, also rooting for a strong Lokpal bill.
Earlier in August, the activist sat on a 12-day fast at the Ramlila ground in central Delhi and terminated it only after the agreement to frame a stringent anti-graft law.
- Police seek details from Team Anna on Ramlila stir - Dec 10, 2011
- Hazare to protest at Jantar Mantar Dec 11 - Nov 29, 2011
- No permission yet to Team Anna : MCD - Nov 29, 2011
- BJP wants PM, CBI, lower bureaucracy under Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- Lokpal panel still divided on inclusion of PM (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- Tight security planned for Hazare's fast Sunday - Dec 10, 2011
- Citizen's charter should be under Lokpal: Anna Hazare - Dec 14, 2011
- Government plans Lokpal bill in winter session; Anna threatens agitation - Dec 15, 2011
- Lokpal panel still divided on inclusion of PM (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- Lokpal panel likely to finalise report Nov 30 - Nov 28, 2011
- Team Anna to discuss strategy for December protest - Dec 02, 2011
- Over Rs.2.6 lakh donated during Anna's fast - Jun 08, 2011
- Anna gets MCD nod for another hunger strike - Nov 27, 2011
- Team Anna to discuss strategy for Ramlila stir - Dec 13, 2011
- Hundreds join car rally for Lokpal - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: activist, agitation, ambit, anna hazare, anti graft law, bureaucracy, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central delhi, corruption, maidan, money, New Delhi, parliament, prime minister, winter session