Wife shot dead by husband in south DelhiAugust 25th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) A 20-year-old woman was shot dead by her husband in south Delhi, the police said Monday.The incident occurred in Sunlight colony Sunday night.
“The incident took place at around 10 p.m. Sunday. The accused, Sanjay (30) reached his in-law’s house at Sunlight colony and told his mother-in-law that he had come to meet his wife, Meenu,” a police official said.
“He then entered Meenu’s room and shot her. She died on the spot,” he added.
After killing her, Sanjay fled from the spot.
Though Meenu and Sanjay had married a year ago in a love match, problems had developed between the couple lately.
”She was staying with her parents since last few months and was preparing to file for divorce,” a police official said.
“No one has any details about Sanjay, who is absconding. We are investigating and a hunt is on to nab the accused.” he added.
- Manhunt continues for killer Tripura trooper - Apr 28, 2012
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011
- 95-year-old woman gets life term for killing daughter-in-law - Oct 18, 2011
- Man's body found in tin box - May 18, 2011
- Engineer kills wife, three others, self - Aug 28, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Tripura trooper guns down five of family - Apr 28, 2012
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Woman severely burnt, police probing case - Oct 10, 2011
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011