Wife, lover arrested for killing husbandJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) A married woman, her paramour and a newly-married couple were arrested for killing the woman’s husband in Trilokpuri area of east Delhi, police said Sunday.Reshma and Shah Alam, who killed Reshma’s husband Rakesh, 24, were arrested Saturday along with Nashir and his wife Arti.
The case was solved after Nashir was arrested in a dacoity case, police said.
“Nashir and Aarti were in a relationship and got married three months ago. They were staying with Rakesh and his family in the same house for the past 45 days as they had no place to go,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (east) I.B. Rani said.
Nashir’s friend Alam, who used to visit their house often, gradually became close to Reshma as she was being “ill-treated” by Rakesh, Rani said.
Reshma, whose first husband Intizar left her after finding out about her relationship with Rakesh, wanted to get rid of her husband as he was abusive.
Meanwhile, Nashir started doubting that Rakesh was having an affair with his wife Aarti.
In the intervening night of Jan 12 and 13, Nashir, Reshma and Aarti gave tea laced with sleeping pills to Rakesh and later called Shah Alam over. Nashir and Shah Alam then strangled Rakesh and dumped his body near Hindon canal.
Rakesh’s brother had approached police on Jan 15 and said he suspected Reshma to be behind his disappearance, Rani said.
Reshma has two children from her first marriage.
- Woman, paramour held for husband's murder - Jan 22, 2011
- Four held for dacoity - Jan 23, 2011
- Woman held for killing husband - Sep 25, 2011
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Woman, lover arrested for husband's murder - Feb 07, 2011
- Man arrested for killing woman in Delhi - Nov 04, 2011
- Wife, lover arrested for husband's murder - Jul 19, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for husband's murder - Apr 21, 2011
- Three arrested for murder in Delhi - May 23, 2011
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- Woman held for husband's murder - Mar 23, 2011
- Woman kills mother-in-law with paramour's help - Aug 18, 2012
- Falak case: Two accused have prostitution racket links - Feb 09, 2012
- Gujarat woman who helped find bombs to be rewarded - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, disappearance, east delhi, having an affair, hindon, marriage, married couple, married woman, New Delhi, paramour, rani, relationship, reshma, shah alam, sleeping pills, tea, three months, wife lover