Who’s going to profit from Hazare’s movement, asks Rahul BoseApril 9th, 2011 - 1:32 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 9 (IANS) While actor Rahul Bose is all for eradicating corruption, he feels the ongoing campaign for a stringent anti-graft bill is a “complicated issue” and prefers to study the legislation first.
“We all want to eradicate corruption. If something like that happens we all will be helped. But this particular incident where Anna Hazare is going on a fast is complicated. It’s not simple. Who all are along with him, who wants to take the profit of it at Jantar Mantar, who actually believes in it and who doesn’t?” Rahul told reporters.
Rahul has questions on the accuracy of the Jan Lokpal (ombudsman) bill too that Hazare wants to get passed in the parliament.
“There are many drafts of the Lokpal bill. The National Advisory Council is looking at it. Anna wants the Lokpal bill to get passed in the parliament but is that bill fool proof or still has some lacuna in it?” he asks.
“I want to wait and watch. One person goes for hunger strike to make India corruption free is phenomenon. But I want to see what shape it actually takes until the end. Will it be for a democratic, secular, corruption free India or will it takes another form, I don’t know. So I am going to watch,” he added.
Rahul maintains that he would take time to form an opinion on the whole phenomena creating waves across the country.
“I am looking at the Lokpal bill draft now. I began looking at it from day before yesterday. I have to speak to lots of people. I would take time to form an opinion,” said Rahul.
- Congress terms Hazare's indefinite fast as premature - Apr 05, 2011
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Ahead of fast, Hazare says will campaign against Congress (Lead) - Dec 10, 2011
- All-party meeting called on Lokpal as Hazare targets Congress (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2011
- PM ready for 'give and take' as Hazare continues fast (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2011
- Bollywood extends support to Anna Hazare - Apr 06, 2011
- Will tour the country to awaken people, says Hazare - Aug 03, 2012
- Anna Hazare on fast unto death against corruption - Apr 05, 2011
- BSP backs Anna, Lokpal heat is on government (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011
- Lokpal Bill row: BJP asks Govt. not to make a 'prestige issue' - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Government has cheated over Lokpal bill: Anna Hazare - Jul 28, 2011
- Chronology of an epochal fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Open to discussions on Lokpal, says PM as Hazare fast continues (Afternoon Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Hazare threatens another fast from Aug 16 (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: accuracy, anna hazare, anti graft, bill draft, day before yesterday, fool proof, free india, hunger strike, india corruption, legislation, lokpal bill, mantar, national advisory council, ombudsman, parliament, phenomena, phenomenon, rahul bose, shape, waves