Who killed Saumya, asks familyOctober 1st, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Life seems to have come to a standstill for the Vishwanathan family. Shocked and benumbed over the killing of Saumya, a 25-year-old journalist, her relatives have no clue who could have committed the crime.”Saumya never had enmity with anyone. She even did not have a heated argument ever. We are just shocked and cannot believe she is not with us,” her brother-in-law Vikas Mehta told IANS.
Saumya, who worked with the Headlines Today TV channel, was found dead in her car early Tuesday morning when she was returning home from work. The post-mortem found she was killed by a bullet injury.
“She had spoken to her father M.K. Vishwanathan barely a few minutes before her death that she would be reaching home soon. But what instead reached home was the news of her death,” said Mehta, who runs an advertising company in Vietnam.
He said she was very desperate to see her elder sister and him, as he had just come to Delhi. “We did not know that we were coming to see her dead.
“She was very energetic and adorable. We were talking of her marriage plans at home. Now see what has happened.
“We don’t know who killed her and why. We would be meeting the police Thursday to find the answers,” Mehta added.
Her grief-stricken parents have kept to themselves and were not accessible to media.
- Arizona shooting suspect's parents shocked at son's involvement - Jan 12, 2011
- Gurdwara shooting: Tragic end for Delhi family - Aug 07, 2012
- Gemma Arterton mourning death of beloved grandmother - Jan 11, 2010
- Balki, Advani remember Taruni as versatile and disciplined actor - May 17, 2012
- British cops meet slain Indian student's kin - Jan 02, 2012
- Mystery shrouds Delhi woman journalist's murder (Lead) - Oct 01, 2008
- Sylvester Stallone's son found dead - Jul 14, 2012
- Christina Taylor Green Killed In Arizona Shooting - Jan 10, 2011
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Techie returns from US to commit suicide - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Curry killer has left a ticking time bomb in my stomach' - Feb 14, 2010
- British cops meet slain Indian student's kin again - Jan 03, 2012
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Shocked over Shandar Amrohi's death: Biographer Barkha Roy - Aug 22, 2011
- He couldn't tell us exact time of return: Killed doctor's family - May 26, 2011