Who is bigger brand Shah Rukh or Aamir?December 18th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 18 (IANS) The cold war between Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan over their films “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” and “Ghajini” took a new turn with the former proclaiming himself as the biggest brand and saying there cannot be any competition with him.Shah Rukh, whose film “Rab Ne Bana De Jodi” opened with good collections last week, said his film is doing well and there is no threat to his film from “Ghajini”.
“There cannot be any competition with me. I’m the biggest brand in the country. I am always there to endorse for everyone, but the saddest part is that no one is there to endorse for me as there is no brand bigger than me,” Shah Rukh said this Tuesday at the launch function of Filmfare magazine’s latest issue.
Reacting to Shah Rukh’s statement, Aamir said: “He has been speaking about himself for last 20 years so there is nothing new about it.”
Aamir is aggressively campaigning for “Ghajini”, which will release Dec 25, and the ushers of the multiplexes, where Shah Rukh’s film is running, have adopted Aamir’s Ghajini-hair style to promote the action-thriller.
“It was decided a long ago and has nothing to do with Shah Rukh’s film. I think, people who would come to see Shah Rukh’s film won’t change their mind after seeing the ushers in the theatres,” Aamir told reporters at a Van Heusen’s event.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh feels Aamir’s idea to promote the film is effective. “It’s a brilliant idea to promote the film and I think it is definitely going to work in favour of the film,” he said.
Commenting on “Ghajini”’s impact on the collection of “Rab Ne…”, Adarsh said: “‘Rab Ne…’ is weak in content and its opening on Friday was not good. The film gradually picked up on Saturday and Sunday. But again from Monday there was a drop in the collection,” Adarsh told IANS.
Adarsh is quite positive about Aamir and his film.
He said: “Aamir has become a huge brand and people like to see him more. I think as soon as ‘Ghajini’ opens, it will eat into ‘Rab Ne…’s’ territory. I think ‘Ghajini’ will be a big hit.”
On being asked who is a bigger brand - Aamir or Shah Rukh, Taran said: “It’s all about how good you are on Fridays.”
- Aamir and I share an extremely cordial relationship: Shah Rukh (Lead) - Dec 19, 2008
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- "I Think It Is Very Cheap To Link Me with Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Who Are My Good Buddies When the Truth Is That I Do Not Have Any Boy Friend" - Anushka Sharma - May 05, 2010
- SRK's 'Rab Ne...' wins at Okinawa Festival - Apr 02, 2010
- Shah Rukh, Priyanka bag top honours at Apsara Awards - Jan 09, 2010
- Fresh pairs in new releases this month - Sep 02, 2010
- Anushka Sharma named brand icon of the year - Mar 13, 2012
- APSARA AWARDS 2009- TV and FILM NOMINEES - Dec 15, 2009
- 'Ghajini' is an event, says Aamir Khan - Dec 15, 2008
- Anushka Sharma Won’t Be A Part Of 'Desi Boyz' - Dec 04, 2010
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011