White bear dies of epilepsy at zooApril 28th, 2011 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 28 (IANS) The lone white bear at Chhattisgarh’s Kanan Pendari zoo that was very popular with visitors has died of epilepsy, zoo officials said Thursday.
The bear named Sikandar was two-and-a-half years old and it died in the zoo in Bilaspur district Tuesday. Epilepsy is a rare reason for the death of wild animals, especially at the zoo where doctors are available on demand, Alok Nath, the zoo official, told IANS over phone.
The official said the bear was very popular among visitors as it was the lone white bear brought from the Marwahi forest area of Bilaspur district when it was about a month old.
- Elephant dies at Chhattisgarh zoo - Nov 24, 2011
- Tiger terrorises Chhattisgarh's forest residents - Sep 18, 2011
- Rescued lions rehabilitated at Bhopal national park - Jul 01, 2010
- Poisonous gas kills three - Jul 29, 2010
- Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Orphaned grizzlies sent to the Montana zoo - Dec 21, 2010
- Odisha to release captured leopard into wild - Aug 07, 2012
- Five tiger cubs die in Odisha's Nandankanan zoo - Nov 18, 2011
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest - Apr 03, 2012
- Odisha releases captured leopard after protests - Aug 08, 2012
- Brain problems killed Knut the polar bear, says Berlin zoo - Mar 23, 2011
- Four tiger cubs born in Chhattisgarh zoo - Jun 22, 2011