When driver turned Arjun’s best friend in LucknowApril 23rd, 2012 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) Debutant Arjun Kapoor befriended a driver named Avneesh Yadav while shooting near Lucknow for “Ishaqzaade”. The driver became a reference point for the actor’s character of a Uttar Pradesh-based boy for the film.
“Ishaqzaade” was shot in a small town called Hardoi near Lucknow.
Yadav has been bragging that he had actually turned Arjun from “Bombaiyya” to a “UP ka chhokra (UP-based boy)”, and that he taught Arjun the local dialect, the way to walk, and conduct himself like a local, not from Lucknow, but from the state’s interiors.
And one of Arjun’s close friends confirms that Yadav is indeed telling the truth.
“Avneesh became Arjun’s best friend in UP. Avneesh is a taxi driver whom Arjun met at the Lucknow airport,” said the friend.
“On the journey from the airport to the hotel, Arjun got around talking with his driver and soon they hit it off. Before Avneesh dropped Arjun at his hotel, they had become buddies. Arjun suggested that Avneesh drive him all around Lucknow and Hardoi throughout his shooting,” the friend added.
From that point till the shooting was over, Avneesh and Arjun were nearly inseparable.
The actor’s friend added: “Avneesh, in fact, became a reference point for Arjun’s character in ‘Ishaqzaade’. Director Habib Faisal told Arjun to use Avneesh’s mannerisms, body language and spoken language.”
“In fact, Arjun’s performance is finally modelled on Avneesh. You see Arjun had all the personality traits of a Juhu boy. Avneesh helped Arjun transform into a ‘UP ka chhokra’.”
The friendship also came as a golden opportunity for Avneesh, who ended up with a role in the film.
“Avneesh could’ve never imagined he would actually be sharing frames with the hero of the film. He was just happy mingling with the unit. Now he claims to his friends he is a Yashraj discovery. And he isn’t wrong. Avneesh has given a very confident performance in his cameo.”
Yadav and Arjun have remained in contact even after the actor returned to Mumbai.
Yadav can’t wait for the film to open. He has decided to book an entire theatre for his family and friends.
- I hated Parineeti during our training days : Arjun Kapoor - Jul 20, 2012
- Ishaqzaade' earns Rs. 4.54 crore on opening day - May 12, 2012
- Surname doesn't matter, good work does: Arjun Kapoor - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Ishaqzaade' - love beyond boundaries in UP's badlands (IANS Movie Review) - May 12, 2012
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Nothing erotic about filming erotica: Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - May 18, 2012
- 'Heroine' gets A-certificate (Movie Snippets) - Jul 14, 2012
- Parineeti, Arjun say acting schools are important - Jun 02, 2012
- Arjun Kapoor believes in 'friends are forever' policy - Jun 29, 2012
- Salman beyond a mentor for me: Arjun Kapoor - May 07, 2012
- Shreyas showers praise on Parineeti (Movie Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Yuvraj lauds Farhan's 'Milkha' look (Movie Snippets) - Apr 20, 2012
- Five-year-old remains missing since Diwali - Nov 01, 2011
- Habib Faisal says stint as cameramen inspires his films - May 10, 2012
- Right sync between writer, director vital: Habib Faisal - May 08, 2012
Tags: arjun, best friend, body language, buddies, close friends, confident performance, dialect, faisal, golden opportunity, habib, lucknow, mannerisms, mumbai, personality traits, reference point, spoken language, taxi driver, telling the truth, uttar pradesh, yadav