West Bengal legislators demand fresh probe into Rizwan deathJanuary 9th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) A delegation of West Bengal legislators from various political parties Friday submitted a memorandum to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), demanding re-investigation into the Rizwan-ur Rehman death case.The delegation met the inspector general of police (IGP) heading the CBI’s Kolkata zone and submitted the memorandum, signed by about 50 legislators.
The legislators also alleged bias on the part of CBI Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) P.S. Bose, posted at Special Crime Branch, Kolkata.
“The CBI IGP promised them that the agency would thoroughly examine the issues raised in the memorandum with an open mind and will take appropriate action,” said a CBI statement.
The CBI statement clarified that Bose, arrested Dec 29 last year while taking a bribe, was not the investigating officer in the Rizwan-ur Rehman case.
Rehman, a computer graphic designer, who married the daughter of a prominent industrialist against her family’s consent, was found dead in mysterious circumstances in September 2007.
“The trap against Bose was laid on the complaint received against him in the Anti-Corruption Headquarters of the CBI. The CBI branch concerned took action against Bose as per provisions of law,” the statement said.
- Rizwanur Rehman death: Apex court questions Bengal, Todi - Oct 18, 2010
- Rizwanur death: Apex court restrains fresh CBI probe - Sep 10, 2010
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Put Ashok Todi to trial for Rizwanur murder: Supreme Court - Mar 01, 2011
- Put Todi to trial for Rizwanur death: Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- Jagan group legislators seek acceptance of resignations - Sep 06, 2011
- Apex court stays fresh probe into Rizwanur case - Sep 10, 2010
- Rizwanur case: CBI moves Supreme Court, challenges Calcutta High Court's order - Sep 01, 2010
- Court orders CBI to probe Rizwanur death afresh (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Try Todi for Rizwanur's death, says Supreme Court (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2011