Welcome CPI-M’s discussions on re-looking ideology: ChandyNovember 18th, 2011 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 18 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday welcomed discussions within Communist Party of India-Marxist’s (CPI-M) re-looking its ideology.
“I whole-heartedly welcome their discussions on the revamp of their ideology. Changes are always welcome because one has to change according to the times.
“Look at West Bengal, there has been lots of changes that have taken place,” Chandy, who has completed six months in office, told reporters.
The CPI-M’s central committee meeting held in Delhi last week discussed a draft of the ideological resolution presented by the party politburo.
The party said the next meeting will finalise and adopt the draft ideological resolution which will then be circulated in the party for discussions before placing it in the party congress to be held in Kozhikode next year.
The CPI-M has been criticised by the Congress in the state for its double standards in the past.
When the Marxists were in the opposition 2001-06, they fiercely opposed loans from the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank (ADB), but when they were in power, economist-turned-finance minister Thomas Issac had himself signed a loan pact with the ADB.
- Left protests petrol price hike in Kerala - Nov 04, 2011
- CPI-M will brood over setbacks at 20th congress - Apr 02, 2012
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Don't change our pro-people policies, CPI-M warns Chandy - May 19, 2011
- Chandy pats himself after one year, critics fume (One year of Oommen Chandy) - May 17, 2012
- New pension scheme for Kerala government employees - Aug 09, 2012
- Former CPI-M leader killed in Kerala - May 05, 2012
- CPI-M leader held for Kerala murder - May 16, 2012
- Congress wins Kerala bypoll (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Crucial CPI-M politburo, central committee meetings from Tuesday - Jan 16, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader nabbed for former colleague's murder - Jun 29, 2012
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala assembly begins with opposition walkout - Jun 27, 2011
- No compromise in probe into Left leader's murder: Chandy - May 10, 2012
- Murder of ex-party colleague comes to haunt Kerala CPI-M (News Analysis) - May 20, 2012
Tags: adb, asian development bank, central committee, chief minister, committee meeting, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, economist, finance minister, issac, marxists, pact, party congress, politburo, s central, six months, thiruvananthapuram, west bengal, world bank