We will come out clean: DikshitApril 26th, 2011 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) A day after facing the opposition’s stinging attack on her government’s involvement in the “bungling” of the Commonwealth Games (CWG), Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday attacked the BJP for “jumping the gun” and said “we will come out clean”.
“How can you lap up whatever the opposition says or alleges. Why does it (BJP) not say anything against (former Gujarat minister) Amit Shah and (Karnataka Chief Minister) B.S. Yeddyurappa who are indulged in corruption. Let the enquiry take its own course and we will come out clean,” Dikshit told IANS on the sidelines of a Women’s Car Rally.
Following the arrest of former CWG chief Suresh Kalmadi for alleged irregularities in the granting of contracts for works related to the October 2010 sporting event, the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) Monday said that Kalmadi’s arrest is just “the tip of the iceberg” and stringent action must be taken against Delhi government which is also involved in the bungling of the Games.
BJP leader Vijay Goel had said that Dikshit should resign immediately on moral ground.
The chief minister also said that there are institutions like the Enforcement Directorate, the judiciary and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and one should “let them do their work and complete the enquiry”.
When asked about the Delhi government’s response to the Shunglu Committee report, which inquired into the CWG corruption cases, she said: “We will respond to the report in 30 days and mudslinging before the enquiry is not at all good.”
The Shunglu probe committee had pointed a finger at Dikshit and Lt-Governor Tejinder Khanna for delay in preparation of infrastructure for the Games.
- We will come out clean: Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Delhi CM Dikshit to meet PM over Shunglu Committee report - Mar 28, 2011
- Venkaiah Naidu courts arrest over Shunglu Committee report on CWG - Mar 25, 2011
- Govt. studying Shunglu Committee report: Sheila Dikshit - Mar 25, 2011
- Delhi government formulates response on CWG charges - May 25, 2011
- Kalmadi arrested on evidence found against him: Dikshit - Apr 26, 2011
- CWG scam: Delhi JD-U demands ouster of Sheila Dikshit - Apr 26, 2011
- Delhi government submits response to Shunglu panel report - May 28, 2011
- CWG lapses: BJP alleges Delhi government trying to hide facts - May 27, 2011
- Opposition terms Kalmadi's arrest as belated - Apr 25, 2011
- BJP demands Sheila Dikshit's resignation over Shunglu report - Mar 31, 2011
- Central government trying to save Sheila Dikshit in CWG scam: BJP - Mar 26, 2011
- Reply to Shunglu charges, don't pass judgement: BJP to Dikshit - Mar 30, 2011
- CWG graft plea against Dikshit with CBI, police tell court - Jan 30, 2012
- BJP legislators removed from Delhi house, leaders walk out - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: amit shah, bjp, car rally, cbi, central bureau of investigation, committee report, commonwealth games, corruption cases, cwg, delhi government, enforcement directorate, gujarat minister, jumping the gun, karnataka chief minister, lt governor, mudslinging, sheila dikshit, stinging attack, stringent action, suresh kalmadi