We respect Kashmiris’ concerns: Army commander (With image)December 29th, 2011 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Dec 29 (IANS) The Indian Army respects human rights and fully understands sensitivities of people in Kashmir, a top officer said Thursday.
Lieutenant General K.T. Parnaik, General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Indian Army’s Northern Command, visited the Line of Control (LOC) Thursday to review the security arrangements.
He was accompanied by Lieutenant General S.A. Hasnain, GOC of the Srinagar-based Chinar corps.
Parnaik also interacted with troops deployed in the LOC in the Baramulla sector.
“The army commander complimented all troops for their outstanding vigilance and state of preparedness throughout 2011. He also conveyed his appreciation for the manner in which the troops have respected all human right norms and ensured full understanding of the sensitivities of the awam (people),” a defence ministry press release here said.
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Chinar Corps celebrates 96th raising day - Jan 12, 2012
- Army in Kashmir pays tribute to martyrs on Vijay Diwas - Dec 16, 2011
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar - Jun 16, 2012
- Top army officer reviews alert on China border - Jan 12, 2011
- Slain LeT leader was not given surrender option: Army - Sep 15, 2011
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Over 400 militants waiting to enter valley: Army - May 23, 2012
- Antony calls for better synergy among security forces in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- LOC fencing extensively damaged by heavy snowfall, says commander - Feb 25, 2012
- No definite information on infiltration: Army - Jun 21, 2011
- Defence secretary visits LOC in Kashmir - Sep 05, 2011
- Northern army commander visits India-China border, Siachen - Mar 10, 2011
- Army chief visits forward areas, reviews Kashmir situation - Mar 21, 2011