We respect India, not scared of them: New Zealand coachMarch 2nd, 2009 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Napier, March 2 (IANS) New Zealand coach Andy Moles feels that the win in the Twenty20s won’t make the Black Caps favourite to win the five-match one-day series starting here Tuesday.
“The two results have given the guys the confidence that they can compete. From an individual point of view, some of the younger players have found there’s nothing to be scared of and are looking forward to the next challenge. We must respect them but we mustn’t be scared of them,” Moles was quoted as saying by the New Zealand Herald.
Opener Brendon McCullum has given Moles a sense of optimism with his last three Twenty20 innings — one against Australia and the two against India.
“He’s been criticised for not being in much form of late but those games showed he can play all sorts of innings,” Moles said.
“He is maturing as a player, is playing for the situation and when he’s playing well at the top of the order with Jesse (Ryder), then Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor, we’re certainly starting to get a pretty formidable top four,” he said.
- Black Caps boost batting line-up for Napier ODI - Jan 31, 2011
- New Zealand inflict 97-run defeat on Canada (Roundup) - Mar 13, 2011
- Black Caps move power hitters down the order for ODI against Pak - Jan 21, 2011
- McCullum, Taylor take New Zealand to 358/6 (Lead) - Mar 13, 2011
- Kiwis hope to make the Wright impact - Feb 14, 2011
- Black Caps looking forward to playing on faster Windies tracks - May 06, 2010
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- James Franklin left out of New Zealand Cricket contract - Jul 01, 2011
- McCullum says quicker Barbados pitches will help Kiwi top order fire - May 06, 2010
- Sri Lanka elect to bat against New Zealand - Mar 18, 2011
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Pakistan eye first Test series win since 2007 as NZ struggle for form - Jan 13, 2011
- Pakistan routs 'self-destructing' Kiwis by 10 wickets to win Hamilton Test - Jan 09, 2011
- New Zealand announce squad for ODI series - Nov 18, 2010