We never abandoned Ram: AdvaniFebruary 8th, 2009 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Feb 8 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani said Sunday that it was wrong to believe that his party had “returned to Ram” because it had never abandoned the god.
“Be it Ram Sethu or Ram temple (in Ayodhya), we have never abandoned Ram,” Advani said, addressing party members on the last day of a three-day National Executive and National Council meeting of the BJP.
And he said to loud applause that the true victory of Ram would be when a “magnificent temple” is constructed in Ayodhya.
Hindu mobs brought down the 16th century Babri mosque in Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh in December 1992 claiming it was built at the site of Lord Ram’s birthplace.
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- 'BJP challenging constitutional provisions on Babri Masjid issue' - Feb 09, 2009
- Temple not on people's agenda in Ayodhya - Feb 09, 2012
- Terrorism, not Ram temple, is key election issue, says BJP - Feb 09, 2009
- Ayodhya verdict: Okay to Ram temple, land to Muslims too (Roundup) - Sep 30, 2010
- VHP to move Supreme Court against Ayodhya verdict - Dec 07, 2010
- 'Mulayam Singh must seek pardon for Ayodhya comments' - Oct 02, 2010
- Ayodhya judgment: Flawed, but it has its positive sides (Comment) - Oct 01, 2010
- Ayodha ruling a triumph for Hindus, says Pakistani paper (Lead) - Oct 02, 2010
- UPA poses threat to country's 'vital' interests: Advani (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2009
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- RAW officer to depose in Babri case Friday - Mar 25, 2010
- What structure should disputed site have - Some views - Sep 23, 2010