We have not discriminated against Madhya Pradesh: CongressNovember 13th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 13 (IANS) The Congress Thursday refuted the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) charge that the central government was discriminating against Madhya Pradesh in devolution of funds and said the state got more than ever. Congress general secretary V. Narayanasamy here said the Centre had given three-fold more than what the state received during the rule of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) Government in 2002-03.
Those days, the Congress was in power in the state and now it is the BJP.
“The Centre gave a total assistance of more than Rs.26,000 crore (Rs.260 billion) to Madhya Pradesh in 2008-09. This is three times more than what the state got in the NDA rule in 2002-03”, Narayanasamy told reporters. He urged the BJP not to make baseless allegations.
“Similar has been the case with the electricity provided to the state by the Centre. While the state got 11,678 million units of power supply during 2002-03, during 2007-08 it got 15,091 million units.
The Congress led-UPA Government at the Centre had provided huge funds to implement 90 central government schemes for the poor and downtrodden. “But the government, which is neck-deep in corruption, did nothing for the welfare of the common man.
“The union rural development ministry had already started an inquiry in the misuse of central funds to the state,” he said.
- Bt Cotton has benefited farmers, raised yield: Study - Jun 07, 2012
- Odisha CM defends decision on coal block recommendation - Sep 13, 2012
- Centre will inquire into allegation that Ananth Kumar leaked cabinet secrets: Narayanasamy - Dec 27, 2010
- Modi using literacy drive funds for own publicity: Congress - Jun 14, 2011
- No progress in eight years of UPA rule: BJP (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Jharkhand annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Apr 11, 2011
- BJP leaders meet on economic downturn (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Central government neglecting Orissa: Naveen Patnaik - Aug 10, 2011
- Opposition slams Narayanasamy on CAG mandate comment - Aug 18, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh BJP plans protest over coal short-supply - Dec 09, 2010
- Patna High Court stays CBI probe into withdrawal of Rs 11 crore - Jul 23, 2010
- May quiz Jaswant on telecom issues, CBI tells apex court - Sep 01, 2011
- Tamil nadu should act against Kudankulam peotesters: Minister - Dec 17, 2011
- BJP has nearly all of Congress's sins - and a few of its own (Comment) - Mar 24, 2012
- UPA Govt. at Centre has doubled Bihar's allocation: Congress - Aug 20, 2010