We feel very secure in India: Israeli envoyFebruary 13th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) India will not tolerate attacks on diplomats on its soil, Israel’s envoy here said Monday, adding that Israeli diplomats “feel very secure” in India.
“It is very clear to me that no one in India is going to tolerate such a vicious attack on diplomats on its soil,” Israeli ambassador Alon Ushpiz told TimesNow television.
The ambassador, however, declined to discuss security issues related to the Israeli embassy and its staff in India.
“We feel very secure in India, we have the full cooperation of your authorities, we have full confidence in the Indian authorities,” he said.
He added that India and Israel had “very solid cooperation” in many areas.
Indian External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna has telephoned his Israeli diplomat to offer his apologies over the attack, the envoy said.
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures full support in probe (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Car attack planned in Tehran: Israeli envoy - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel keen to boost agricultural links with Bengal: Envoy - Jun 18, 2012
- Israel's new ambassador presents his credentials - Aug 12, 2011
- Car attack: Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures security - Feb 15, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says India (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Israel's focus on IT, biotech in trade with India - Sep 13, 2011
- Bihar to get Indo-Israel agriculture centres - Aug 30, 2012
- India-Israel trade can go up to $15 bn, says envoy - Jun 20, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Bomber was 'very well trained': India (Intro Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Iran denies role in Israel embassy car explosion - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: alon, apologies, confidence, diplomats, external affairs minister, full cooperation, India, indian authorities, israel, israeli ambassador, israeli diplomat, israeli embassy, krishna, New Delhi, security issues, soil, television, vicious attack