We are happy with Satyam’s service: SBIJanuary 15th, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 15 (IANS) India’s largest bank, the State Bank of India (SBI), has decided to retain its contract with scam-tainted information technology (IT) firm Satyam Computer Services for maintaining its Internet banking services, a top bank official said here Thursday.”We are not at all thinking of changing Satyam as our vendor for Internet banking services. But we are prepared,” SBI deputy managing director in charge of IT, R.P. Sinha told reporters on the sidelines of an IT seminar.
“We are happy with Satyam’s service as a vendor, there is no problem at all. If anything happens anywhere, we are fully prepared. There will not be any disruption in our net banking services,” Sinha said when asked whether the vendor is capable of handling the banking transactions that takes place through the portal.
Satyam’s founder and disgraced former chairman B. Ramalinga Raju last week admitted to committing a Rs.70-billion (Rs.7,000-crore/$1.43 billion) accounting fraud.
Sinha said he was hopeful that the Satyam’s condition would improve as the government was taking measures to “bring it back to health”.
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam - Mar 22, 2011
- Apex court rejects Raju's plea on surrender - Nov 09, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra Ltd merge - Mar 21, 2012
- Government to remove two Maytas firms' directors (Lead) - Feb 18, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju discharged from hospital - Oct 02, 2010
- Maytas denies receiving funds from Satyam - Jan 20, 2009
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Satyam Raju bought lands abroad as well: prosecution - Jan 23, 2009
- UN ready to remove 19 Indian vendors from blacklist - Feb 22, 2011
- Fraud-hit Satyam has Rs.373 crore bank balance - Jun 09, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju surrenders in court, back in jail (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Satyam case to be heard on daily basis from Nov 8 - Nov 02, 2010
- Satyam saga: Court extends judicial custody of Raju, others, to Feb 7 - Jan 31, 2009
- Stage set for Mahindra Satyam's merger - Mar 20, 2012