We are anxious about election results: MoilyDecember 8th, 2008 - 10:59 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) Congress spokesperson M. Veerappa Moily Monday said the party was “anxious” about the impact of the Mumbai terror attacks on the assembly election results in five states.“We are anxious. This time, unlike other elections, things have been managed well. The management of elections means a lot. But, yes, we are anxious,” Moily said.
“We are also anxious about the impact of the Mumbai terror attack… We have done some damage control. We have taken it as a challenge. We have performed our duty,” he added.
Terrorists struck at several places in Mumbai on the night of Nov 26, eventually seizing two luxury hotels and a Jewish centre. The 60-hour nightmare left 172 people dead and 248 injured.
Moily said he doesn’t feel that the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) would be able to cut into the Congress share of votes.
“Everywhere we will be facing a close fight. But personally I don’t feel that Mayawati would make that much impact,” he said.
Regarding party rebels in states like Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram, Moily said: “The rebel factor is always there.”
- Congress, BSP ignoring Muslims: Mulayam - Nov 16, 2011
- Congress looks forward to life after Mamata - Sep 21, 2012
- Congress is scared of BSP, says Mayawati - Nov 27, 2011
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- BSP fears for Mayawati's safety, slams UPA and UP government - May 04, 2012
- Rahul continues broadside against Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 24, 2011
- Mayawati our leader and will always be so, say Dalits - Feb 09, 2012
- Congress denies Anna impact in Hisar - Oct 17, 2011
- Mayawati tries to gain foothold in Uttarakhand - Jan 25, 2012
- I hold master key to power, thunders Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Moily slams opposition over demand for Chidambaram's resignation - Sep 23, 2011
- Mayawati inaugurates 'dream project', says Congress ignored Dalit icons (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Government denies plans to curb poll panel (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Mayawati lashes out at CEC for covering statues - Jan 15, 2012
- Right to Justice Bill within six months: Moily - Feb 05, 2011