Watson dropped from Australian Test teamNovember 23rd, 2008 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Nov 23 (IANS) All-rounder Shane Watson has been dropped from the Australian team for the second Test against New Zealand starting Friday in Adelaide.Watson has been replaced by Victorian quick Peter Siddle in the 12-man squad announced by the selection panel Sunday. Australia won the first Test at the Gabba by 149 runs.
Watson bowled well in the first Test but let himself down with the bat, scoring one and five when Australia were in trouble in both innings.
Australia: Ricky Ponting (capt), Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Mike Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Jason Krejza, Peter Siddle.
- Symonds, Siddle included in Oz Test squad - Nov 13, 2008
- Krejza, Watson recalled to Oz Test squad - Dec 08, 2008
- IPL riches may provide some solace for Oz Ashes series failures - Jan 07, 2011
- 72 Australian players on list for Indian Premier League auction - Jan 02, 2011
- Spinners Hauritz, Doherty to face off for World Cup spot - Jan 11, 2011
- Warne to lead All Stars in T20 clash - Nov 20, 2009
- Choice between Krejza, Hauritz just before tomorrows Test against Kiwis - Nov 27, 2008
- Australia wins toss, opts to bat in WC quarterfinal against India - Mar 24, 2011
- Australia elect to bat against Kenya - Mar 13, 2011
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- Johnson dropped from Australian XI for second Ashes Test? - Dec 01, 2010
- Canada elect to bat against Australia - Mar 16, 2011
- Ponting, Watson, replace Warner, Ferguson for ODI series against Sri Lanka - Oct 26, 2010
- Australia to select Ashes squad Wednesday - May 19, 2009