Watch real life stories of ex-servicemen on DoordarshanJuly 5th, 2010 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) Viewers of state-broadcaster Doordarshan can now get to see real-life stories of Indian ex-servicemen and their contribution in building and protecting the nation.
The defence ministry signed a pact Monday with Doordarshan to produce programmes on different facets of ex-servicemen’s lives.
The infotainment programmes will highlight “the role played by the ex-servicemen in nation building and the efforts being made by the government for their welfare and resettlement over the years”, an official statement said.
The agreement was signed by Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Secretary Neelam Nath and Director General Doordarshan Aruna Sharma.
There are nearly 2.7 million ex-servicemen in India. This figure swells by an average of 50,000 every year.
The defence ministry runs various resettlement and welfare schemes for their benefit.
- 'Serious fraud probe' into ex-servicemen job scam - Sep 25, 2011
- Apex court recalls order on panel for ex-servicemen - Jul 18, 2011
- Provide more jobs to retired defence personnel: Antony - Jun 27, 2011
- Army chief meets Rajasthan chief minister - Aug 01, 2012
- Government committed to welfare of armed forces: Antony - Aug 14, 2011
- Armed Forces Flag Day observed on Tuesday - Dec 07, 2010
- High-level panel formed to resolve defence pay disparity - Jul 13, 2012
- Modi has qualities of successful Army commander: Major General Singha - Mar 14, 2011
- Retired defence personnel demand hike in pension - Jul 11, 2010
- After bribe revelations, Army chief talks about army welfare - Mar 31, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma next defence secretary - Jul 07, 2011
- Congress official urges ex-servicemen not to return medals - Mar 18, 2010
- India assures Lanka's displaced Tamils of help in resettlement - Aug 31, 2010
- Diwali terror plot tip of iceberg, says Antony - Oct 15, 2011
- Ex-defence, political leaders slammed by CAG for Adarsh scam (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: aruna, benefit, defence ministry, director general, doordarshan, facets, India, life stories, nath, nation building, neelam, New Delhi, pact, resettlement, state broadcaster, swells, welfare schemes, welfare secretary