Watch out for Uranus at its brightest Saturday nightSeptember 12th, 2008 - 11:32 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) Keep your telescopes handy for a wonderful celestial activity - Uranus will shine at its brightest when it aligns directly with the Sun and the Earth Saturday.At this time of the year, Uranus comes closest to the Earth. Saturday the planet will be visible through telescopes right from dusk to dawn.
“It is an interesting phenomenon as Uranus and the Earth would be in a straight line. Both the planets come closest at this time of the year and Uranus, in turn, shines at its brightest,” said Nehru Planetarium director N. Ratnashree.
Ratnashree said if there had been an observer on Uranus, he would see the Earth passing in front of the Sun at the same time.
“People interested in watching the blue-green planet’s closest approach to the Earth should view it through a high resolution telescope,” she added.
- Watch out for brightest Jupiter on July 9 - Jul 08, 2008
- Delhiites left awestruck with century's last Venus transit - Jun 06, 2012
- Delhiites enthralled by century's last Venus transit (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Partial solar eclipse in Delhi, but clouds play spoilsport - Jan 04, 2011
- Jupiter to appear brightest when it makes its closest pass by Earth on Sep 20th - Sep 15, 2010
- Delhi gears up to watch century's last Venus transit - Jun 05, 2012
- Stargazers wait to see Mars - Mar 03, 2012
- Mars to be closest, brightest Jan 27 - Jan 25, 2010
- Jupiter, Uranus to shine brightest Tuesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Transit of Venus marred in Kerala - Jun 06, 2012
- Chennai watches transit of Venus - Jun 06, 2012
- Get set to watch 'Ring of Fire' in the skies Friday - Jan 13, 2010
- Jupiter came closest to Earth on Monday - Sep 21, 2010
- Century's second Venus transit on June 6 - May 21, 2012
- Watch out for Jupiter, Moon conjunction Tuesday - Jan 02, 2012