Warrants against caregivers who refused to give back childOctober 13th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) A city court Monday issued non-bailable warrants against a caregiver woman and her husband, who have refused to return a one-year-old boy to his parents.Link metropolitan magistrate Savitri issued the warrants against Asha and Satveer Singh asking them to produce the child before the court Oct 15.
The court also pulled up the investigating officer and directed him to produce the child before the court Wednesday, the next date of hearing.
The court passed this order after the parents, Sushil and Pallavi, sought custody of their child from the caregiver woman, Asha.
Sushil and Pallavi had got married secretly in February 2006 when they both were minors.
The boy was born Sep 24, 2007 at the Safdarjung Hospital here and was immediately handed over to Asha, whom they had met through a common friend, as the couple wanted to avoid uncomfortable questions from relatives.
On reaching the legal age of marriage, Pallavi and Sushil formally married Nov 22, 2007.
“Soon after their marriage, the couple approached Asha to return the child but she continued to make lame excuses on one pretext or the other and did not return the child to them despite repeated requests,” Pallavi’s lawyer Kamal Singh Pundhir told IANS.
“Sushil gave Rs.10,000 to Asha but she refused to hand over the baby to him until he made an additional payment of Rs.8,000. But when on May 14, Sushil went to her home with the money, she refused to give the child and challenged him to take whatever action he wanted against her,” added Pundhir.
The couple then decided to move the court against Asha.
- Court reserves order on custody of love child - Oct 15, 2008
- Delhi court to decide child's fate Monday - Oct 12, 2008
- Love child returned to parents after court ruling - Oct 16, 2008
- Rajasthan youth refuses to marry minor, moves court - Jul 21, 2012
- NRI children back home from Norway - Apr 24, 2012
- S.M. Krishna asked to help NRI couple get back child - Sep 10, 2012
- Parents who share caregiving for their kids 'experience more conflict' - Jan 27, 2011
- Court acquits man charged with kidnapping minor - May 11, 2012
- Child marriage prevented in Rajasthan - Apr 06, 2011
- Adoptions on rise - and many want a girl! - Mar 12, 2011
- NRI children back home from Norway (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Haryana's killer khaps are a law unto themselves - Mar 30, 2010
- India takes up case of child in foster care in US - Sep 11, 2012
- Gujarat woman wants son's biological father to pay maintenance - Jun 29, 2010
- 'This is not America', court tells married man in live-in relationship - Jan 28, 2011