Warne, Dixit appear before IPL panelMay 17th, 2011 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne and Rajasthan Cricket Association secretary Sanjay Dixit appeared before an Indian Premier League (IPL) panel
here Tuesday and gave their versions on the bust-up between the two over the Jaipur pitch controversy.
The IPL panel, comprising chairman Chirayu Amin, governing council member Ravi Shastri and an IMG official, heard out both Warne and Dixit. They, however, have not pronounced any judgement.
Dixit had alleged that Warne abused him publicly after he turned down the Australian’s request for changing the pitch for the match against Royal Challengers Bangalore May 11.
The incident took place after the prize distribution ceremony at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium. RCA immediately registered a complaint with the IPL.
Rajasthan Royals CEO Sean Morris conducted an internal probe and said they will take disciplinary action against Warne. He, however, did not clarify what action will be taken.
The RCA legal committee Sunday decided to lodge a criminal complaint against Warne on the issue.
The IPL governing council summoned both parties for a hearing Tuesday. Warne was accompanied by Morris.
“The hearing was about the complaint that I lodged. We were separately called. The hearing was held in a cordial atmosphere. It was a long meeting. The judgement is awaited,” Dixit said.
- Warne slapped with $50,000 fine - May 18, 2011
- RCA lodges complain against Warne - May 12, 2011
- RCA to file criminal complaint against Warne - May 15, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals to take disciplinary action against Warne - May 14, 2011
- Unfair to fine me and let Dixit go scot free: Warne - May 19, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals steer clear of Warne and Modi - May 11, 2011
- BCCI denies changing Jaipur track to suit Super Kings - May 10, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals opt to field against Royal Challengers - Apr 23, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals opt to bat against Pune Warriors - May 13, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals opt to bat against Mumbai Indians - May 20, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab elect to field against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 06, 2012
- Warne expresses 'shock' over new pitch - May 10, 2011
- Daredevils recover to make 151 for six - Apr 12, 2011
- Rajasthan forms panel to oversee IPL preparations in Jaipur - Apr 07, 2011
- Amit Mishra warned for using offensive language - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: amin, association secretary, challengers, cordial atmosphere, council member, cricket association, criminal complaint, disciplinary action, governing council, internal probe, judgement, legal committee, premier league, prize distribution, rajasthan, royals, sanjay, sawai mansingh stadium, shane warne, shastri