Warne considering offer of playing in Big BashSeptember 1st, 2011 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Sep 1 (IANS) Spin legend Shane Warne has hinted at playing in Australia’s Twenty20 Big Bash League and is considering offers from three franchises.
Warne, who played for the last time in the Indian Premier League this year, says his family and business responsibilities will be factored in before deciding on his participation in the T20 event.
“You know what, there is probably a possibility that I might play. I might be involved in some level on the Twenty 20, but I am sort of mulling over all those things at the moment with some business opportunities and some sponsorships as well,” Warne was quoted as saying by The Sydney Morning Herald Thursday.
Warne asserted that his children remain his top priority.
“Being divorced with the children and juggling schedules, its difficult to give timewise,” he said.
Warne has been in the news for his apparent weight loss in the recent past. Speculation is doing the rounds that the Australian cricketing great has undergone plastic surgery for the image makeover. But Warne denied these reports, saying he is fit because of a healthier lifestyle.
“I am actually very fit and very healthy,” Warne said, attributing the change in his look to improved eating habits and a rigorous fitness regime.
Commenting on the constant media attention on his new look, Warne asked: “What is my crime?” “I am happy, fitter, and happier than at any stage in my life.”
- Cricket Australia wants Warne to play in Big Bash - Sep 08, 2011
- Warne announces comeback with Big Bash franchise Melbourne Stars - Nov 08, 2011
- Yuvraj eyes return against Kiwis before T20 World Cup - Jul 07, 2012
- MacGill wants to play in IPL - Dec 26, 2011
- All-rounder Ashley Nurse ready to face India - Jun 02, 2011
- Clark stands down from full-time cricket for administrative role - May 18, 2011
- Now Blake keen on playing in Australia's Big Bash - Aug 17, 2012
- Yousuf undergoes fitness test, eyes comeback - Apr 25, 2012
- Watson fancies Blues' chances - Sep 23, 2011
- Beckham finally returns to Los Angeles Galaxy training camp - Feb 25, 2011
- MacGill returns to cricket with Big Bash League - Dec 02, 2011
- Yuvraj eyes a comeback at T20 World Cup - Jun 20, 2012
- Injury prone Jerome Taylor to play in SPL - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Rejuvenated' Sami wants to cement his place in team - Jan 29, 2010
- Gayle returns to Sydney for Big Bash T20 - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: apparent weight, business opportunities, business responsibilities, cricketing, doing the rounds, eating habits, fitter, franchises, image makeover, last time, media attention, morning herald, plastic surgery, premier league, rigorous fitness regime, shane warne, speculation, sponsorships, sydney morning herald, top priority