Warming Himachal hills portend rains?July 3rd, 2012 - 4:27 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 3 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh Tuesday were warm due to the continuing dry spell, with the state’s Una town recording a high of 40.2 degrees Celsius, a Met official said here.
But the state will soon get relief from the scorching heat as the Met office forecast rains and thundershowers across the state due to active western disturbances.
Shimla, which remained cloudy throughout the day, recorded a high of 26.4 degrees Celsius, 4.3 degrees above the average for this time of the year, an official of the meteorological office told IANS.
Likewise, Sundernagar in Mandi district recorded a maximum temperature of 35.6 degrees Celsius while Dharamsala in Kangra district was 7.2 notches above average at 35.8 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, was warm at 27 degrees Celsius, four notches above average.
The met department said there could be light to moderate rain or thundershowers in popular tourist resorts like Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Manali, Palampur, Chamba and Dalhousie.
“Heavy rainfall is likely to occur at isolated places in Mandi and Kangra districts during the next 24 hours,” said the official.
The Met department said the arrival of the southwest monsoon in the state is delayed by over a week.
The monsoon normally hits the state by June 27.
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
- Another hot day in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 27, 2010
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Hot weather continues in Himachal hills - Jun 30, 2012
- Hot weather to continue in Himachal hills, rain unlikely - Jun 20, 2010
- Rain in Himachal brings down temperatures - Jun 05, 2010
- Mercury dips in Himachal after rain - Jun 03, 2010
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Himachal continues to experience warm weather - Jun 01, 2010
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Snowfall in Himachal - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: chamba, dharamsala, dry spell, himachal hills, himachal pradesh, june 27, kufri, maximum temperature, meteorological office, moderate rain, notches, rainfall, scorching heat, southwest monsoon, thundershowers, tourist resorts