Warm nights, warmer days, where’s the Delhi winter?December 18th, 2008 - 12:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) Delhi has been experiencing a moderate winter so far with warm days and foggy mornings, a meteorological department official said Thursday.The maximum and minimum temperature Thursday will hover around 26.3 degrees Celsius and 12 degrees Celsius, well above average.
“The maximum temperature is three degrees above normal and the minimum temperature four degrees above normal,” the official said.
The temperature has rarely dipped below the seven degree Celsius mark this year.
“There will be no significant changes in the weather pattern over the next two days in Delhi. The temperature will remain moderate in the coming days and it will be a while before the winter sets in,” the official said.
Misty conditions will, however, persist and slight fog too is likely in the capital.
Although flight operations at Delhi airport were normal Thursday, flights bound for Lucknow were delayed due to fog at the airport in the Uttar Pradesh capital.
- Fog envelops Delhi, flights disrupted - Feb 17, 2011
- Hot, sunny Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Foggy morning, pleasant day ahead in Delhi - Dec 03, 2011
- Chilly day in Delhi, clear Thursday in store (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Foggy morning in Delhi - Nov 21, 2011
- A pleasant Wednesday in the Capital (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Pleasant day in capital - Nov 25, 2011
- Fog hits rail, air traffic in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Mercury rises in Delhi, foggy day ahead (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Fog disrupts trains, flights (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Dense fog engulfs Delhi, affects commuters - Dec 30, 2011
- Foggy morning in Delhi, warm day ahead - Nov 25, 2011
- Delhi records this December's lowest temperature - Dec 16, 2011
- Foggy New Year's eve in Delhi - Dec 31, 2011
- A cool Wednesday in Delhi, weather to continue Thursday (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012