Warm Makar Sankranti for DelhiJanuary 14th, 2009 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) As northern India celebrated Makar Sankranti, a Hindu festival marking the time of year when the Earth’s northern hemisphere starts moving closer to the sun, the temperature in the capital rose too - resulting in a warmer morning Wednesday.Meteorological officials said the maximum temperature was recorded at 22 degrees Celsius and the minimum at 6.7 degrees Celsius.
“The maximum temperature is one notch above average and the minimum temperature is average. The temperature has increased due to cloudiness,” said a meteorological official.
On Tuesday, the minimum temperature was five degrees Celsius and the maximum 21.2.
According to the weather forecast, the coming days would remain warm with “mainly clear sky” and “shallow fog in the morning”.
“The maximum temperature will hover around 22 degree Celsius and minimum at 10 degree Celsius,” the official added.
So far, the coldest day of this season in the capital has been Jan 2, when the mercury dipped to four degrees Celsius.
- Pleasant weekend, rain expected Monday (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rains expected (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Cool morning in Delhi - Feb 12, 2011
- Warmer day for Delhi - Feb 11, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, foggy morning ahead (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Sunny day in Delhi, mercury to dip (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, rains in store - Apr 26, 2012
- Dense fog engulfs Delhi, affects commuters - Dec 30, 2011
- Sunny morning, clear sky in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rain likely Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Pleasant day in capital - Nov 25, 2011
- Cloudy morning for Delhi - Apr 02, 2012
- North India shivers as winter chill continues (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Temperature rises in Delhi - Feb 03, 2012
- Cloudy sky, rain for Delhi - Jan 16, 2012