Wanted man with suspected ISI links arrestedFebruary 9th, 2009 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) The Delhi Police Monday said that it had arrested a member of the notorious Naeem Sabir gang who had escaped to Pakistan and was approached there by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency for espionage.
“We arrested Qasim after he arrived by Thar Express in Rajasthan Sunday,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Alok Kumar said.
“During questioning he said after escaping from India he went to Pakistan and stayed with his relatives in Taksali, Lahore. He also said that during his stay in Pakistan an ISI agent Hashim approached him to work for him. The facts are being further probed,” he added.
Qasim, who carries a reward of Rs.25,000, had escaped to Pakistan after killing a man and injuring two others in a gunbattle with a rival gang near Lahori Gate area in July last year.
- Dacoit killed in gunbattle in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 03, 2009
- Senior Al Qaeda operative held in Pakistan - May 18, 2011
- Headley joined LeT to avenge Pakistan's 1971 dismemberment - May 24, 2011
- ISI claims credit for arrest of 2002 Bali bombings suspect in Pakistan - Mar 31, 2011
- Punjab police arrest suspected ISI spy near Indo-Pak border - Aug 20, 2009
- Osama's bodyguard freed by Pakistan: Report - Sep 30, 2011
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Absconding rapist arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Five of same family die in Lahore blasts - Sep 02, 2010
- Mumbai attack: Headley not proud, US cooperating with India (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Drug peddler with suspected ISI links held in Delhi - Oct 02, 2009
- Rana a mere pawn in Headley's hands: Defence lawyers - May 26, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's 'most wanted' ISI agent killed in Nepal - Dec 26, 2009
- Pakistani spy held in Delhi with secret defence papers (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Man held for aiding ISI agent get Indian passport - Jul 23, 2010