Wah Taj! Unique project on monument to be launched soonMarch 21st, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, March 22 (IANS) A unique project to present the 17th century marble wonder, the Taj Mahal in its varied dimensions is being jointly launched by Uttar Pradesh Tourism and the district administration March 25.
Titled “With Love From Taj”, the project aims at creating world-class imagery to promote arts, crafts, culture and tourism; creating awareness about, and promoting the exquisite craftsmanship that has for centuries flourished in the small lanes and bylanes of Agra city.
Well-known photographer Pravin Talan, in association with the Taj Mahotsav committee has initiated the project. Talan is an internationally-acclaimed fashion photographer, more known for the artistic interpretations of his varied subjects.
Talking to IANS, Talan said: “Since childhood, I have been fascinated by the lore of the Taj Mahal. After spending 30 years shooting beauties and beautiful places, I am back shooting what is ultimate in architectural elegance and a climax of perfection.”
A seven-day photo shoot was done at the Taj Mahal and other historical buildings around Agra, featuring top designers, models, craftsmen, and various performers.
The traditional outfits for the shoot were contributed by internationally celebrated names like Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anamika Khanna, Shane and Falguni Peacock and Anand Kabra.
The promoters plan exhibitions, short films, calendars, souvenir, coffee table book and various other memorabilia generated out of the photo shoot.
Agra divisional commissioner Amrit Abhijat said: “The multi-dimensional project is indeed a glowing tribute to the eternal love story that inspired the making of the Taj Mahal which draws millions of visitors each year.”
- Ten-day Taj Mahotsav to begin Friday - Feb 17, 2011
- Taj Mahotsav to focus on Ghalib, Mir - Jan 04, 2011
- Now Agra has its own anthem - Mar 21, 2012
- Chopper over Taj causes flutter, ASI files complaint - Dec 16, 2011
- Taj festival a letdown, feels tourism industry - Feb 28, 2011
- Soon, fly into Taj city from global destinations - Aug 25, 2011
- City of Taj set for major tourism plans - Apr 02, 2011
- Carcasses, garbage make abandoned Taj corridor an eyesore - Aug 18, 2010
- Now showbiz trains arc lights on Agra - Feb 05, 2012
- Taj fest postponed due to polls, Agra seethes with anger - Jan 10, 2012
- Tourists feel cheated on Taj lighting event - Nov 13, 2011
- Air link sought for Agra - Aug 31, 2011
- Show a boarding pass, get discounts in Agra - Nov 03, 2011
- CWG tourists soak in beauty of the Taj - Oct 11, 2010
- Agra fest postponement upsets tourism industry - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,