V.P. Singh’s granddaughter injured in an accidentNovember 2nd, 2008 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 2(IANS) Former prime minister V.P Singh’s granddaughter suffered injuries in an accident here, the police said Sunday. The accident occured at the Golf Links road here around 9 p.m. Saturday when the victim, Aditi Singh, 19, was returning home from her grandfather’s residence.
“A Ford Endeavour car coming from the wrong side hit her car,” the police said.
“The car was being driven by a businessman’s son, Harveer Chadha, 22. The impact was quite strong on both the cars but instead of helping Aditi, the accused tried to flee. However, the locals caught him and informed the police,” a senior police officer said.
After reaching the spot, the police rushed Aditi to a private hospital where she is reportedly stable. Aditi’s car was also damaged in the accident.
“Locals told us that Chadha was coming from the wrong side of the road. The accused has been arrested and a case has been registered,” the police officer added.
- Chronology: Bofors graft row over last 25 years - Apr 25, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- SUV rams into car, turns turtle in Delhi - Jul 18, 2012
- Four arrested for Uttar Pradesh doctor's killing - May 04, 2011
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Second Lead, superseding previous story) - Apr 25, 2012
- 25 years of India's 'Watergate': The Bofors scandal (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Local Congress leader shot dead in Gurgaon - Jun 08, 2010
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi car crash - Aug 15, 2012
- Cricketer Harbhajan Singh robbed in Haryana - Dec 12, 2011
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- Truck crushes three of family, mob attacks police - Aug 30, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Official's car runs over three people - Nov 21, 2011
- 'Ra.One' animator critical after accident - Mar 26, 2012