Voluntary blood donation increases in HaryanaJune 14th, 2011 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 13 (IANS) Voluntary blood donation in Haryana has recorded a significant increase - from over 56 percent in 2008 to nearly 91 percent in 2010 of the total collection, an official statement said Monday
Haryana State Blood Transfusion Council officials said that voluntary blood donation at government-run blood banks of the state rose from 56.29 percent in 2008 to 90.58 percent in 2010 as a result of the efforts made by the council.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, in a message Monday on the eve of World Blood Donor Day (June 14), urged the people to make voluntary blood donation a way of life so as to help the needy and save precious lives.
Haryana has 64 blood banks, 18 of them owned by the government.
“In 2010-11, a total of over 2.41 lakh units of blood were collected. In government blood banks, 90.58 per cent units of blood was collected through voluntary collection,” the statement said.
- Voluntary blood donation low in Kerala, say experts - Jun 13, 2010
- Haryana to give ID cards to haemophilic children - Apr 17, 2011
- Blood donation bus launched in Haryana - Nov 08, 2010
- Haryana's Sirsa sets record with 545 blood donation camps - Jun 14, 2011
- In Tripura, blood donation is a movement (June 14 is World Blood Donors Day) - Jun 14, 2010
- Outdated blood testing contributes to HIV among thalassemic kids - Jan 07, 2011
- Soon, a national e-blood bank service - May 08, 2012
- Delhi blood banks to get advanced testing technique soon - Jun 14, 2011
- Chandigarh plans blood collection centres in malls - Oct 10, 2009
- UAE centre collects 3,500 units of blood - Apr 06, 2012
- Haryana panchayats to get incentives on power bill payments - Jul 11, 2011
- India needs young blood donors: Health Minister - Jun 14, 2010
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Hooda criticises Punjab for canal controversy - Jul 12, 2011
- Summer vacations bring drought in blood banks: Experts (June 14 is World Blood Donor Day) - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: bhupinder singh hooda, blood banks, blood donor, blood transfusion, chandigarh, chief minister, council chief, council officials, eve, haryana state, june 14, lakh units, precious lives, voluntary blood donation, voluntary collection, way of life, world blood donor day