Volcano erupts in IndonesiaJuly 15th, 2011 - 2:09 am ICT by IANS
Jakarta, July 15 (IANS) Indonesia’s Mount Lokon volcano erupted late Thursday night, triggering panic and massive evacuation of people living within a 3.5 km radius, Xinhua reported.
The volcano in North Sulawesi province erupted at 23.30 p.m., the country’s disaster management agency said Friday.
This was the second eruption of Mount Lokon since Monday, spewing hot lava and ash up to 1,500 meters high, said volcanologist Farid Ruskan Bina.
The eruption triggered panic among the residents and forced thousands to flee, said Furqon Sapid Setianto, an official with the National Disaster Management and Mitigation Agency.
- Two fresh eruptions at Indonesia's Mount Lokon - Jul 19, 2011
- Indonesia's Mount Lokon volcano erupts - Feb 10, 2012
- Indonesian volcano erupts - Aug 18, 2011
- Indonesian Volcano Mount Sinabung Erupts After 400 Years - Aug 29, 2010
- Indonesian volcano erupts again - Sep 03, 2010
- Increased volcanic activity seen at Indonesia's Mount Anak Krakatau - Nov 02, 2010
- Indonesian volcano erupts for second time - Aug 30, 2010
- Indonesian volcano erupts for second time (Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
- Mount Gamalama erupts in Indonesia - Dec 05, 2011
- Two dead, thousands flee as volcano erupts in Indonesia (Third Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Indonesia's Mount Bromo makes small eruption - Nov 27, 2010
- Indonesia's Merapi death toll rises to 191, international flights again cancelled - Nov 10, 2010
- Indonesia raises alert status for Mount Bromo - Nov 24, 2010
- Indonesian volcano erupts again - Sep 07, 2010
- Thousands flee volcanic eruption in Indonesia - Aug 29, 2010