Virtual world cheers Anna triumphAugust 28th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Euphoric, congratulatory messages resounded in the web world Sunday as Anna Hazare broke his fast in support of a strong anti-corruption bill.
“It’s a win for Indian democracy, it’s a win for Anna Hazare,” tweeted Anil Kendre, minutes after Hazare sipped tender coconut water laced with honey at Ramlila ground here.
“I feel proud to have been able to witness this revolution and be a part of it! It’s a day of celebrations!” said student Saroj Naik.
Meher Ali, an MBA student who visited the Ramlila Maidan every day during Hazare’s fast, wrote on Facebook: “What a brilliant news on a Sunday! Anna Hazare breaks his fast after emerging victorious.”
A number of people praised Team Anna’s capability to organise a movement of this magnitude in a non-violent manner.
“Annaji has shown us, in fact reminded us, the power of non-violence. It’s truly amazing how a non-violent mass movement is capable of achieving. It’s an example to the whole world,” said Rakesh Mohan on Orkut.
“As Anna said, the fight is not over. Let’s hope people don’t lose the passion fired up by this movement,” posted Rakhi Jain on Facebook.
“Today we saw what unity can bring about. Thank you Anna Hazare, for showing us what we can do!” tweeted Sakesh Mohan.
- Anna breaks fast after 288 hours, common man triumphs - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna says fast only 'suspended', wants electoral reforms - Aug 28, 2011
- Hazare turns blogger; joins Facebook, Twitter - Sep 29, 2011
- Ralegan Siddhi celebrates Anna's victory - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna ends fast, celebrations across the country (Intro Roundup) - Aug 28, 2011
- Hazare clarifies 'slap the corrupt' remark - Jan 27, 2012
- Anna to move to Ramlila ground Friday - Aug 18, 2011
- Open for talks, says fasting Hazare (Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- Anti-Anna groups surface in virtual world - Aug 23, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- PM's statement on Hazare disappointing: Nitish - Aug 17, 2011
- Members of disbanded Team Anna quiet - Aug 06, 2012
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: anil, anna hazare, annaji, celebrations, congratulatory messages, indian democracy, jain, magnitude, mass movement, mba student, meher, naik, New Delhi, orkut, rakesh mohan, ramlila, tender coconut water, violent manner, virtual world, web world